Sunday, August 30, 2020

Time-consuming yet therapeutic validation

I'm sure that there's a few people saying "thank God he's done with the trade posts!!"  The trade posts are usually quick and easy to create, and they keep the blog going.  Plus you never know when someone will come across one of your posts and realize that they have something that you may need.

I've had trades sparked that way in the past...

Sunday afternoon was initially spent starting to page some insert sets that have been sitting in boxes/plastic cases for a while.   The first one that I worked on was a recent favorite, 2019 Gypsy Queen green.


Now putting these into pages was a bit time-consuming, which can be said for any set I imagine.   This set is more difficult for me because the numbers on the back are quite small (Fuji mentioned this in one of my previous posts about this set); I have to use a magnifying glass to see the numbers to ensure that I'm putting them in the correct spot. 

While paging the set, my thoughts on why I wanted to build this parallel set in the first place were validated.  I really do like it.  The green borders work really well, and the set design is appealing to me.

I even managed to find an extra copy of the Manny Machado card in the box....


I have about 2 dozen other sets in boxes, maybe I should check those for doubles as well.

Nah

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome looking set. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Machado. Sure glad to see his bat heating up again.

    ReplyDelete