Monday, August 3, 2020

300 x 600

After a slow climb the past few weeks, I finally hit the 300 "transaction" mark on the TCDB website.  I used the term transaction because I have made one purchase and sent 1 RAK envelope as part of the 300 number, but none the less it's a number that I'm certainly happy with.   I'm well on the way to 400 with 11 trades in various stages of progress at the moment.

Not bad for a guy who started 2019 at just 37....

We're going to document a couple of trades in this post, the first being with another Rob (TCDB ID: Cardflipper1974).  We made a quick and easy 4 for 4 card swap, with 2 player collections and my 2020 Topps 1985 set being added to nicely.


You know, I followed the Pirates for better than a decade while I lived in PA, largely due to Andrew McCutchen.  I honestly thought he could have been one of those players that played his entire career in the city, and by the end being mentioned as one of the best players ever for the Bucs.  It was a shame in my opinion that management traded him, and I really didn't care to see him in a Giants or Yankees uniform (apologies to fans of those teams).  Maybe it's because the Phillies are in PA, but I can live with seeing him in a Phillies jersey. 

I'm still finding cards in trades of Jim Thome in an Indians jersey in trades, and Rob sent the Hall of Gold card from '95 Score to help me hit towards the 600 card mark for the Thome collection.


These 6 cards got me even closer, as they were part of a trade from Bob (TCDB ID: abide).  Not only did I get these 6 for the Thome collection, my John Olerud collection grew by 2 with these..



I can't say that I've ever heard of a Royal Gold parallel from the Stadium Club releases over time, but the card on the right is from the 2003 Stadium Club set, and it's listed here just in case you're wondering. 

I showed off the 600th card from my Thome collection the other day on Twitter, but for those who don't partake in that part of social media, here it is...


2005 Bowman's Best emerald green parallel.  Another serial #'d card for the collection, which is always a good thing. 

Two more milestones are crossed off the imaginary list, but the way things are going with both trades and Thome cards being added to the collection, I might hit the next century mark for both reasonably quickly.

Thank you to both Rob and Bob for the trades, they are appreciated! 

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

1 comment: