Friday, August 28, 2020

TCDB Trade Week: Hawkking

Joseph and I traded for the first time recently, an even 9 for 9 swap.  I sent him a page worth of Blackhawk cards, and he sent me a page of player collection needs, including a healthy dose of Keith Tkachuk.


I started off with the horizontal cards from the mid 90's.  I like them both, but the 3 Star Selection which could easily pose as an insert, but is actually a base card from the 96-97 Collector's Choice set.  I also like the dual photo in the 97-98 SPx card on the top, one in his Kachina style Coyotes jersey, the other featuring his All Star Jersey which was in San Jose.


More Jets/Coyotes base cards which include the tough to pull die-cut SP insert card from the 94-95 SP set.  After all these came in, the Tkachuk count has grown to 163 cards, not bad for a secondary collection.  Still lots on the want list though!!


It's always odd to see Tkachuk in the later years of his career without an "A" or "C" on his jersey, although it appears that there's one on the white jersey on the Upper Deck Ice card from 05-06 on the right.  Tough to tell though...


To finish off the page, a card each for the Potvin and Sakic collections.  I do like the 95-96 Topps card that features Potvin on the left, although if I could change one thing, the size of the team name would be a bit smaller top to bottom.  It looks a little too stretched to me.  The script for "Felix Potvin" is something that I have always liked and I wouldn't change it at all. 

Thank you for the cards Joseph, they are appreciated!!  Look forward to the next trade.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment