Monday, August 24, 2020

TCDB Trade Week: Kep75 (Diamond Jesters)

Next up on trade week is a familiar blogger to a few of you, Matt from the Diamond Jesters blog.  (read those repack haikus, they're great) My last Want List Wednesday post featured the '85 Topps inserts from this years flagship set, and Matt jumped on the opportunity to send a couple my way in order to bolster his Red Sox collection.

This was a quick and easy trade, and I snagged a little bonus out of this one as well.


Another benefit of beefing up the PC want lists, this 2020 Ichiro die cut insert is now part of the collection.   I'd pulled a couple of these in series 1 packs, can't say if I recall them being diecut.  It was SOOOOO long ago....


The reason for the trade to begin with, a couple of big names from the insert set.  Still a ways to go to finish this off, but there's no hurry as this is more of a fun little side build compared to all the other sets I'm chasing.

Matt was also very gracious and snuck in a little green....


Very cool add to the envelope, a '19 GQ Jake Cave Green parallel, knocking one more card off that want list.  I don't normally binder up the insert sets, but this set is making me rethink that "policy".  Maybe that's a project for the Labor Day weekend, start bindering this and show off some of the pages, as I do love the look of them.

This is the first of 3 straight blogger/TCDB trades on the blog, and I must say thank you for the trade Matt, the cards are appreciated!!  Looking forward to our next.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

1 comment: