Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Another A&G set complete

It took a couple of separate transactions to obtain the final 3 cards to finish the 2009 Allen & Ginter set recently.



  

This pair of cards came from my recent purchase from COMC which consisted of a few SPs from the 2013 and 2014 A&G sets, along with a boatload of singles from vintage sets from 1968-1972.  I ordered shipping from the site on April 1st, and they quoted me a date of April 24th for shipping.  COMC hit that date right on the nose, and 3 days later I had my cards in hand.  Not too shabby!!  Combined the pair of cards cost me about $4.50.


The Michael Phelps card came from an eBay purchase a couple months ago, not quite as cheap as the other pair above, but at $6 +PWE shipping I was able to consider the card worth it and it arrived before the others.  

This marks the 9th complete A&G set in my collection.  2020 A&G has one card to get (Tatis) for #10.

I haven't started 2022 A&G set, I may just do that set purely by trades.  Still thinking on that.  But for now, all is good!

Robert


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's one of the A&G classics for me. I gave up trying to complete A&G sets after 2014 but to that point I had finished 7 in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine complete Ginter sets is pretty darn impressive. Congratulations! Looks like #10 is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete