Wednesday, May 17, 2023

3 > 5

Hit up eBay a couple of weeks ago, looking to stay within the $30 a week budget with a few vintage purchases.  I wound up finding 5 cards from one seller, and 3 from another.  


1968 Topps football.  All of them less than $1.39 apiece.  The Andre White is a bit off center but overall I spent just under $8 to get these home.  My favorite part of the cards is the old time logos in the upper right corner on the front.  Reminds me of vintage all day.

Another thing that I like about chasing this set is the size.  219 cards total is a very achievable size for me to collect and 29 cards in I still think that I can build this reasonably quickly (less than a few years).


I put these 3 cards in my watch list, and the next day I had discounts offered on all 3!!  The Bosch and Allen cards are high numbers from the '68 set and they are in really nice shape.  $3.50 apiece was a good deal that came my way.  The Bill Skowron '59 Topps card was my original focus when I started surfing for cards.  It wound up being just $5.50, and it knocks down the want list for this set to 44 cards.  

For these purchases, the 3 is definitely greater than the 5.  Both in price and in sets that are being actively chased.  

I have another card for the '59 Topps set that I picked up for a nice price recently, that one will be part of a post when I receive another purchase in the mail.

Robert


2 comments: