Sunday, January 12, 2020

Stained glass on a Sunday

I don't know of anyone else on twitter or on the blogs that collects Larry Fitzgerald.  I haven't seen anyone else post cards of him....ever.  I've been fortunate on a few occasions to have other bloggers approach me with offers of cards featuring him.

This luck happened again this past week, as fellow blogger Jon (A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts) sent me a DM on twitter asking if I had the stained glass version of Fitz's card from 2015 Prizm Draft picks. 

Stained glass?  Yeah, I was pretty sure I didn't have anything that resembled that, so I provided a quick response of no.


Now I do!  Great looking card and a very nice add to the Fitzgerald collection, which is now up to 342 cards, a far better amount than I imagined when I started collecting him. 

Jon also mentioned he was going to find a card to add to the envelope so it wouldn't arrive alone.  I thought it might be another card from one of my player collections.   Nope...


'68 Topps #306, Mike Ryan.   Totally unexpected.  Only 37 more cards to hit the halfway point of the '68 set.   Not a priority at the moment, but anytime you can add a card to a vintage set it's great. 

Blogger generosity at its finest, thank you very much for the cards, they really are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

6 comments:

  1. Pro tip, if a fellow collector you know is getting married or renewing marriage vows, stained glass motif cards are the best gifts ;).

    Considering how Fitzgerald is a lock to make the HoF it is surprising that he's not that much of a guy who people collect a lot of. Then again the only Cardinals collector I know is Wes and football isn't exactly the most popular go-to on our corner of the collectosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stained glass cards always seem cool. I should pick up a baseball version from one of the Gallery sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the Stained Glass card have the refractor shine? If so, I'm going to have to track some down for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuji, yes it does have the refractor shine when you tilt in your hand. The scan on this post didn't do the card any justice...

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. Off to COMC to find a few singles.

      Delete
  4. It does seem a bit odd that one else seems to be collecting him, at least not publicly, but that is sort of a good thing for you too, in that it means less competition for the harder to find cards. I'm really glad that you needed it, as it's been sitting on my desk since March, and I would've hated to think that it had been sitting there that long only to find that it wasn't needed.

    ReplyDelete