Sunday, January 19, 2020

Maybe this set should have been one of the 10

At the beginning of the month, I wrote a post about the next 10 sets that I planned to finish to start 2020.  So far, I've done well sticking to that plan, as I've finished the first 2 (81 & 82 Topps), I'm closing in on the 3rd (83 Topps) and I'm picking up cards here and there for some of the others on the list.

But, there's one set that I put up a want list for last year, the '19 Gypsy Queen green parallel set.  Figuring that I didn't have a parallel set that would take me a while to finish, I decided to add this on as another project.  I expected this to take a couple of years, and be something that I'd slowly work towards.

Funny how a lot of people don't see it that way....

I just recently completed two more trades on TCDB, which takes the want list below the 80 card mark.   Far better than I would have ever hoped to have already had in hand.


Colbey from the Cardboard Collections blog sent me these two in return for a bunch of set help I sent his way (which I was very glad to do).  I will say that David Price's card features him looking quite happy, probably throwing someone out at first.  I'm guessing that the logo just under his feet is for Sam Adams beer, written out in full as Samuel.  Framber Valdez's card also features some advertising, for the Bank of America. 


New trade partner Jeff (TCDB ID: jcouvy) sent me these 5 greens along with the blue parallel below


The blue he sent by mistake, thinking it was a green.  I actually didn't get his message about it until yesterday, and I felt kind of bad about it so I sent him a Clayton Kershaw card today to hopefully "even out the trade". 

The want list is at 78 cards as of this morning, and I'm also looking for an extra green and blue parallel for my Andrew McCutchen collection. 

Thank you to both Jeff and Colbey for the trades, they are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Make sure you let me know the green you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the base GQ this year but didn't care for the greens. Next year, the cards are have a green base. The design is less cluttered so maybe I'll cave and like it. Great to see your progress on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be the cheeriest photo of David Price that I've ever seen, dude usually looks like he just lost his best friend.

    ReplyDelete