Tuesday, January 7, 2020

One in a million

I'm sure that many of you are familiar with Beau on twitter (@onemillioncubs is his handle) and his 1,000,000 Cubs cards project.  Honestly, that is more than I could ever think of handling in my house, and I'm sure that my wife would give me a look if I ever suggested doing something like that.

Beau had mentioned on twitter on Friday about some eBay auctions that he was running, and asked people to go check them out.  I've traded with him in the past, and the experience was very good, so I gave it a shot.

I click on Beau's ID, and I swear to you, this is the first card that was on his list for me to look at...


Yes, big brother is definitely watching.

So for $7.50 shipped, the other half of the dynamic duo (Sandberg was last night's post) arrived today and has dropped the '83 Topps want list down to 24 cards, 9 of which are on their way from COMC.  I'm hoping I can find some or all of the last 15 at the monthly card show this weekend, and if so that will make 3 sets complete when my shipment from Washington state arrives. 

I will say, 2020 is off to a great start for me.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

5 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite cards from the 80's! Never thought I'd see the day it'd sell for $7.50 shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great start to the year, and the great pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a card I wouldn't mind owning at some point.. I'm working on the OPC set though.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Good luck with the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Congrats on getting that much closer to completing the '83 Topps set.

    ReplyDelete