Saturday, January 18, 2020

Serial Saturday #28: I forgot about these

The last order I pulled in from COMC actually began before the New Year.  I started nibbling here and there with some random stuff, including the #'d/99 set.  I wanted to try and keep adding some recognizable names to the collection, and I think I did pretty well with these 3 cards.


As I was adding this 2013 Topps Museum Collection John Smoltz card to the collection, I had to figure out which parallel it was, because for some reason upon first glance, I had no idea (duh).  When I looked at the last shipment of cards on COMC, the listing showed that this is the blue parallel, which I should have figured out quite easily.

Sometimes the brain just doesn't function well on a Saturday, you know?   Cost was $1.25, a very reasonable add to the collection.


Why not a little football?  I followed along with the Bills all season with my friends who are big Bills fans, and I'd seen a lot of Jim Kelly on the sidelines at games.  I decided to see if I could get any of his cards on the cheap, and this 2016 Donruss Elite green parallel fell into my cart. 

Cost?  $1.19.  Another Hall of Famer to add to the group.


After purchasing the other 2 cards, I decided I wanted another basketball card to add.  I also wanted a Raptor, as I was feeling a little nostalgic for my hometown, and something from the World Champions seemed like a nice pickup.  This is a 2016 Donruss Optic Swishful thinking red parallel insert (is a parallel insert set a thing?  I guess it is), #'d....


73/99.  Cost?  $1.35, the most expensive of the three.  So,for just under $4 I have 3 more adds to the collection.

I'd forgotten about these to be honest, they were sitting at the bottom of a pile of cards on my desk.  But as I'm slowly getting cards put away and posts written, these were found and behold!  Another Saturday serial #'d post in the books.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Big fan of serial numbered cards myself. And therefore, big fan of Serial Sunday! Really like the Lowry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Donruss Elite parallels are really nice, I've picked up a few myself over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always happy to see a Jim Kelly card!

    ReplyDelete