Thursday, January 16, 2020

A couple of more trades come in

A rare day when I receive a couple of trades in the mailbox, and none of the cards end up going towards any of my sets.   Mind you, it was only 7 cards that came in, but still...


A pair of really nice refractor cards from the early part of the 10's came all the way from CA courtesy of multiple time trade partner Mike (TCDB ID: 49ants), who received a duplicate I had of McCutchen, and the Oracle Park black parallel I had from this past year's Topps set. 


These 5 cards came from new trade partner Leo (TCDB ID: LO212257) and had me scratching my head at a couple of them.  The T.Y. Hilton portion of my collection is starting to fill up nicely, as these two cards put me solidly into the 50's.  When I made the offer to Leo, I couldn't believe that I didn't have either the McCutchen or the Fitzgerald base cards in my collection.  Had to stop and check both binders to make sure.  Needed them both...

Now you may be thinking the Greg Cater card from '83 Topps FB is a little random, but I actually have a want list on TCDB for the set for a friend of mine.  Need about 75 more to go to finish the set, a lot of them star cards, but it'll be fun to see if I can get a few of them for him via the trade route. 

Another trade or two to come in and I'll hit the 200 mark for completed transactions on the site.  Not bad since I started 2019 at just 37.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. The orange McCutchen is really nice. That year's colored Chrome refractors are one of the few modern baseball things that I actually try to look for (a few specific names that is) in the bargain boxes at shows.

    ReplyDelete