Thursday, January 9, 2020

One down, 9 to go.

I decided at the beginning of 2020 to finish 10 sets, in order.  First on the list was 1981 Topps, and I mentioned a couple of weeks back that the set was down to just one card, #358 Mark Wagner.

Why he wound up being last, I'll never know.  Well, thanks to the post I made, and fellow collector Bruno from the TCDB site (ID: sandyrusty), I have 9 sets left to finish.


Bruno also sent 5 singles from the '82 set, which brings me to 10 on the want list, which I'm waiting patiently for COMC to send me.  By the way COMC, 8 days to pack up 23 cards?   That's assuming you're going to ship today.   I know you have a vast inventory at your warehouse, but in my opinion, that's just a bit slow.

9 more sets to go, and 2 of them are really close.  Once '82 and '83 Topps are done, that's where the fun begins.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with COMC, I have an order I placed December 2nd that hasn't shipped yet. Usually they are very fast, hopefully this is just a blip due to holiday volume.

    1981 set is a fun one, congrats on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing one of my favorite sets! With any luck, I'll have mine finished this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job finishing the '81 set! It's always nice to put that last card in the binder (or box, even).

    ReplyDelete