Saturday, July 11, 2020

Odds and adds

I'm looking through the eBay listings for Joe Sakic BIN's and I come across this listing for a Joe Sakic golf card  and I think that there's no way people should be bitching about how cards are today when there's a set of 100 cards of hockey players golfing.   This is from 2002-03 mind you, nearly 20 years ago.   I am sitting here at my computer chuckling about it while I type.

Having seen this I decide that I'll go ahead and write a bit about a couple of envelopes I received recently to boost up a couple of my collections.  Just to change my train of thought.

I'm still having fun trying to finish off my buddy Chris' 83 Topps football set.  I bought a bunch this week on Sportlots and knocked down his want list to just 13 cards.




A lot of names I remember from the early 80's such as Bradshaw, Brooks and Tony Hill, and a couple of lesser known names that I couldn't pick out of a lineup.  It's still been fun trying to finish this up, and the cards for the most part have been reasonably priced so there's that.




I can always rely on some regular trading partners from up north to bolster my hockey collections, and multiple time trade partner Andy (TCDB ID: AndyRoy) didn't disappoint again.  The majority of this trade as you can see was for Felix Potvin.   I'm going to have to go over my want list for Felix, because pretty much everything I have received recently has been from his days with the Leafs; not that I'm complaining but he spent a good portion of his careers with a few other teams (LA, NYI and Boston) and there's a good deal of those cards I'd like to track down as well.

The Potvin collection is up to 132 cards, but for some reason that seems light so I'll have to sit down and go through the binder and make sure it's up to date. 

Maybe when it rains again on a Saturday down here...

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. I have 16, 18, 37, 39, 48, 64, 65, 71, 73, 75, 91, 114, 127, 135, 148, 149, 161, 189, 211, 225, 236, 279, 300, 317, 331, 337, 343, 345, 390, and 392. They're all commons so you can have the ones you need for free. Though if you only need 13, you might have these already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked, have them all. Thank you for the offer though!!

      Delete
  2. 11, 19, 109, 186, and 192. I think this is it. For real. Ha.

    ReplyDelete