Tuesday, July 14, 2020

No Gum stains on these cards

So I'm hunting around on Sportlots about 10 days ago for some cards to fill some set holes, and I decide I want to see if I can knock down the 2017 A&G want list that I have.


I'm looking at the list of sellers for the first card I pull up on the list, and I see a name I recognize but hadn't thought about in quite some time. 


Many will be familiar with Jon from the Community Gum blog, long one of the staples in the card blogging community.  Sadly, Jon hasn't posted for almost a year now (he's 11 days shy of that mark), but still is a recognizable name for me. 


Once, I saw his name, I knew I was going to pick up a few cards off of him.  It turned out to be 24 in total; there were no worries when it came to shipping because like the rest of us, Jon's a collector and knows what it's like to receive an envelope, let alone send one. 


Great care was taken in shipping the cards, each one of them individually sleeved, top loaders at both ends of 2 bricks of 12 cards, and both bricks inside team bags.  Fantastic!!  I can only remember one opportunity to trade with Jon previously, but I remember him to be a great trader and very friendly in emails.

These 24 cards dropped the list down to an even 60 cards, 18 of them SPs.  This set will be one of my "next 10" sets to fall under the completed category.   Not bad for a set that a couple of years ago had no thoughts or desires to finish...

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Voting for Randall Cunningham's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Jon is still around getting his hands on some cardboard.

    ReplyDelete