Thursday, July 9, 2020

8 out of 10 : 7&7

I took advantage of my eBay bucks bonus (just over $5, not bad), and purchased the final card in the 1976 Topps build, Thurman Munson.


For $7, the Yankees catcher finishes off the set, and I was kind of surprised that the price was about the norm for a decent copy of this card.  The seller is one that I've used before, oldbbcards, so I decided to look through his store and see if he had something else that I wanted.

Turns out, the other card that I bought also cost me $7


84-85 O-pee-Chee #382, featuring the Great One.  Anytime a Gretzky card from the early to mid 80's shows for less than $10, it's a win to me, so I grabbed this one up.   Still a long way to go to finish the 84-85 set; I'm just 3 cards past the halfway point.  

Just 2 sets to go, and the 10 set project is done.  38 cards for '74 Topps (1 on the way), 9 cards to go for 13-14 OPC hockey (6 on the way).  I'll have to say that the focus has been successful, so much so that I'm going to keep on going.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot of extras in a few sets, but they're not sets people collect. Ha.

    Voting for the Munson. Last place for the supposed great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the '76 set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the 1976 set. It's in my Top 10 Topps flagship designs of all-time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the '76 set, and best of luck with the '84-85 OPC set build. That's my favorite hockey set ever and I'm 60 cards away from completing it myself.

    ReplyDelete