Friday, July 24, 2020

How (Ole)rud

I took a little over a week off of posting, largely because I needed a bit of a break, and with the wife away visiting her sister I've decided to take some time for myself.  Not that posting isn't "me time", because it is, but I just wanted to do something else with my evenings for a few days.

Well, it's time to get back at it, and to start I'm going to give a quick show of a six pack of John Olerud cards I received in a recent TCDB trade with fellow Floridian Gary (TCDB ID: garychap).  Gary's putting together a bunch of A&G insert sets, so I sent him a half dozen of those and in return came these.


Very quietly over the past few months the Olerud collection has gained steam and with this trade has passed the 200 mark.  A few more cards and I'll hit the 10% mark for the entire collection, which is one of the smallest of all the players I collect at just over 2100 cards total. 


All 6 of the Olerud cards in this trade could be considered "shiny", however the e-X card on the left hand side of this scan likely could be an imposter.  Love that this trade didn't include one Blue Jays card, as I'm really lacking in the Mets, Mariners and other teams in the Olerud collection.

I'm now just 5 completed trades short of 300 on the TCDB site, not bad considering I started 2019 at just 37.  Will let you all know when I get there and I'll keep moving forward to 400!

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment