Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mini, regular and Giant

Pat strikes again.  While I was away, a couple of PWE's (I'm starting to think this stands for Pat's White Envelope) from the Hot Corner were part of the mailings I had to go through.

No complaints here, Pat hit two of my favorite collecting pastimes.   Jays and serial numbers.  You know, the usual. 

Let's work our way up size wise, as the post title indicated.

First, the minis.


To be honest, I don't even remember if I have any of these.   I'm too lazy to look at the gigantic Excel spreadsheet of Blue Jays that I have.   That comes another time.

Pat started me off with some Blue Jays for the 2014 Topps team set as well.

Regular size of course.


Well, at least 2 out of 3 are still with the team.  Rajai Davis signed a deal to take his 125 steals over the past 3 years to Detroit.  Maybe that will open up some room for Anthony Gose to make the club.

Finally, the serial numbers.  Two Giants.  The first 2014 Topps cards to hit the 1500 card behemoth.

Serial Number 1142
No slouch for the first 2014 gold card here, as Buster Posey appears for the third time in the set.  Buster's card is the 33rd Giant out of 50.

Serial Number 883
Right behind Buster was this Brandon Crawford 2014 Topps gold card.  The Giants are now at 34 out of 50, and the SNI set total is now 1087/1500. 

Won't be long before 1100 is here.  Thank you for the cards Pat, as always very much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment