Monday, January 23, 2017

Trying to do what I said I was going to do

My New Year's posts in the past have always been heartfelt.  We all want to do what we set out to do at the beginning of the year, right?  I'm not sure what it is about 2017 though, as I seem to be more in tune with my goals than ever before.

This post is my 10th in January, and considering that I was sick and kind of useless for 10 days at the beginning of the month, I'm happy that double digits is coming early. 

Last night I also got a start on putting together a box of cards to send to COMC.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this little clean up is going to work out, and you can be sure that I'll let everyone know how it's going...

The $2K "goal"/"project"/whatever you want to call it is in full swing.  I've posted twice about purchases so far in January, and I'm using the post title to keep track of how much money I have left for the year.   Easy, right?

The contest that I mentioned on my New Year's post didn't get as many entries as I thought (only 10 so far), so I figured that I'd give people one more shot at some cards.  I'm looking to grab some cards for everyone the first part of February, so if you want some cards, leave a comment on the post that I've linked at the beginning of this paragraph.   Otherwise, I'll just give more cards to the people that are already in...

I didn't mention the SNIH project in my New Years goals, but tonight's post will be the leftover cards from my personal collection that I hadn't posted as of now.  There's 4 of them, 3 of them goalies and the 4th a goalie killer (for lack of a better description).

Serial # 269

Loved the Topps Heritage sets that were released back in the early 2000's, I wish Topps had kept up with them...

Serial #408

Their homage to the 66-67 set was right on the money, and maybe someday I'll get around to putting a want list up for it.

Serial #517

The '54-'55 version of Topps was redone in 2000-01, and is another set that I want to complete.  I was lucky enough to pull a Gump Worsley auto from a pack many years back.  What might hold me back from completing the set is that there's several RC's that list for $10 or more.  Maybe sometime down the road I'll shoot for this set, but not just yet.

Serial #531
Everyone say it together now...."his foot was in the crease!!!"  To me, that rule was pretty sketchy at best, although one of my former bosses would disagree as he was a diehard Sabres/Dominik Hasek fan.  Did you know that Brett made a mockery of the BCJHL in the 83-84 season by scoring 105 goals in just 56 games?  Brett also finished 2 spots behind Darren Pang in Calder Trophy voting, which was won in 87-88 by his Calgary teammate Joe Nieuwendyk.

OK, that's all the serial #'d cards from my collection, I just have a few more from Doug I have to post and I'll be caught up!   Now all I have to do is find a couple of binders and start getting these cards into some pages....

thanks for reading, Robert

6 comments:

  1. The first season I collected cards was 1987 and because of that, I've always maintained my fondness for any cards that have a wood-grain design. I wasn't too into the hobby (and wasn't even thinking about hockey) when those Heritage came out. Those are some very aesthetically pleasing cards!

    Maybe I'll see if Eric Daze was in it or something, so that I can have a card from that set. Thanks for sharing!

    -kin (ifeellikeacollectoragain.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daze does have a card in the 2002-03 set, #26.

      Delete
  2. Nobody in Buffalo likes Hull. Nobody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That defeat will live on just as long as Scott Norwood's missed FG.

      Delete
  3. 1st time I've seen that 1966-67 Heritage Nabby card. Outstanding! Somehow missed that 100 word contest the first time around. Thank you for giving us a second chance.

    ReplyDelete