The video is 14:34 long, so if you don't want to hear me talk, you can read the post below.
Here's my annual 7 goals for the year. They are in no particular order.
1. Set completion: '64 Topps, '73 Topps and '88-'89 OPC hockey are the three biggies that I want to finish during the first quarter of 2017. I also want to work on getting the entire run of 80's OPC sets. I know that I will not finish all of them this year, but I have a start on a trio of others, and by the end of the year have the remaining want lists on the blog.
2. Video posts. Once a month. Don't want to scare everyone away. I enjoyed the first one, and I was better prepared for this one. Hopefully I can enhance my preparation and speaking ability to make better videos as time goes by.
3. COMC. Time to get this going. This was something I wanted to do last year, but just never got around to it. Now that I have the time, and the first 100 cards ready to go, there's no more excuses.
4. Jays and Leafs collections. Have to get them organized and updated on spreadsheets. This is going to take some time and effort.
5. Contest, 100 cards, 100 words. As I mentioned in the video, I'm hoping to send 50 PWE's with 2 cards each to fellow bloggers. The catch? You have to write a 100 word post about the envelope when you receive it. I'll explain more as I get the project started. Want 2 cards? Make sure that your want lists are up to date and leave a comment below. If I don't get 50 comments, well I'll be sure to pick some people that I want to see get some cards. There's a prize at the end...trust me.
6. 2016 Allen & Ginter completion. If you watched the video, you saw the small brick of cards I have so far. I want the whole set, 350 cards, plus the 100 card Number's Game insert set. I'm not buying any more packs. Let's go!
7. $2k. I've flirted with raises for my budget in the past, now I'm going through with it. 52 x $30 is $1560, which is still pretty cheap when compared to some other hobbies. I'm increasing my limit to $2000 total in 2017, and I'm going to chronicle every penny I spend. This blog was started on trying to stay within a budget, and 2017 is going to be all about that. Once I hit the 2000 dollar mark, that's it, no more.
Let's have some fun in 2017, shall we? That's what collecting is all about...
thanks for reading, Robert