Friday, December 28, 2012

No Mo, No Less

As always, Michael from the Nomo's Sushi Platter blog did not disappoint when he offered up a trade to me recently.  I believe that this was our 3rd trade, and the cards that came my way brought a smile to my face.  Then again, when do cards that arrive in your mailbox not bring a smile to your day.

Michael was one of the many who have recently sent me a great deal of '12 Topps Update cards which you've all seen many times, so I will not show them off to you.  If you read the "epilogue" post to my top 25 countdown the other night, you saw the Bill Madlock '75 card that he sent me.  A rookie cup card no less!!

Here's a few more of the great cards he sent me...


My recent turn towards vintage was noticed, as these 3 cards from the '68 set were sent my way.  Still a long way to go to complete the "burlap" set, but these cards brought me up to a dozen total.  Surely another set that over time will be brought into the fold.


Still in tune with what's happening in my little corner of the world, some Chrome Blue Jay goodness came my way in the form of Adam Lind.  I hope that Adam rebounds and has a good season with all that new talent that has been added to the roster. The return of Jose Bautista, combined with two remarkable trades, has a lot of Blue Jay fans thinking that the glory days of the early 90's may be returning to the dome.  The '73T card of Billy Williams, outside of being a little off center, is in fabulous condition, and is a "hero" card (#200).  Still a long way to go to finish the '73 set, but it's still one of my favorites.

Finally, what's a trade without some insanity coming my way?


Now, there are some of you out there that my cry blasphemy when I say this, but I like the orange Giants uniforms.  Better than the gray for sure.  I guess it's because I like to see a little color in the uniforms, and the orange really stands out.  ( I can hear the gagging from some of you out there now....lol)  The Giants card in itself might be the reason that Spiegel was more than happy to send it my way. 

Ryan Madson, I have only one question for you.   How in the world do you remain standing after a pitch?  That may be one of the most extreme follow throughs I have ever seen immortalized on a baseball card.

Speaking of insanity, Brian, the answer to your question as of this writing is 743.

Michael, thank you again for the great cards, they are very much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Love Billy's smile on the '73 card. Man the Cubs should've won a pennant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the trade. I am always willing to dump a Devil Angel Pagan card to anyone in the world.

    ReplyDelete