Tuesday, March 23, 2021

2 for 5 is a good day for a hitter--for a card company...well

OK, this purchase result I felt was so funny that I had to share it with everyone this morning instead of waiting till later on today or the weekend.

First off, I'm going to say that the shipping time on this 5 card order was phenomenal.  Ordered from CA on Friday the 19th, arrived at my house in Florida yesterday.   Have to give props when it's due.

Now the cards.   This was a 5 card eBay order from one of the larger card sellers on the site.   I'm not going to mention the name, but it's on the west coast as I've already said.

2 for 5 is how they did.  Apparently the order filler on Friday has an issue with parallels.

First off, the positives


This was going to be a "Sunday 15" post that featured these 2 cards, but like I said, I couldn't wait to post this.

The Yastrzemski '72 Topps and the Esiason RC from '86 Topps were right on the money.  Both cards in really nice shape and they cost me $4.50 apiece.  This part was well done.

Now, this is where the games begin.   Let's start with a couple of cards from 18-19 OPC hockey.


I've mentioned quite a few times about the Next 10 set project.  18-19 OPC is one of the sets and I decided to start knocking off some of the cards.  Card 555 is Hellebuyck on the right and #557 is the Sedin twins on the left.  Both needed for my BASE set.

For those who don't know, these are the retro parallels.  Not even close to what the base cards look like.

What's even better?  I finally put up the retro set on the TCDB website as a want last week.  Luckily for the seller, this ends up as just a minor fail, as I'll just end up using these to fill my retro set, which hopefully will be completed by 2030.

Now, for the true fail....

The primary reason I started this order was to finish off my 2019 Gypsy Queen Green set.  Ken Giles of the Blue Jays, card #281, is the final card I need to complete the set.  Notice I said need and not needed.

Forget the Topps logo, where in the world do you see any GREEN on this card?  

I even checked the packing slip that they sent in the envelope.  It even says 2019 Topps Gypsy Queen Green #281 Ken Giles.

How is this not a total fail?  One, I only spent 99 cents on the card, so I'll just hunt around for it on Sportlots to finish the set.

Feedback wise, I'd love to hear how you'd do it in the comments, but I'm going to give:

  • 2 positives for the Yaz and Esiason cards
  • 2 neutrals for the Retro Parallels
  • A negative for the Giles card
I don't give negatives very much, but to mess this order up like this, I feel its warranted.

A little bit of a delay in showing off the GQ set will happen because of this, but it's coming...

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Have you contacted the seller and informed them of the incorrect card? Sound like a simple mistake, and I'd give them the opportunity to correct it before giving feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Matt said. It's a screwup, but give them a chance to make it right. If they practice good customer service, you may actually come out ahead (like, they may send you the correct cards and let you keep the incorrect ones).

    Of course, if they won't make it right (which could also be a partial refund or something), THEN leave negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mr. Alan...if they don't make it right, it's 2 positives and 3 negatives for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes happen, give the seller time to make it right before leaving negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete