Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A few vintage want list removals

Most of the remainder of my COMC purchase was made before I had resolved to knock down the 76-77 OPC hockey set.  Today's post is only going to show off 10 cards, but it's a bit of vintage that I picked up while I was poking around.



I hadn't bought any 1962 Topps cards for quite a long time, and a couple of months ago I decided to try and find a few cards to knock off the want list on the cheap.   I bought these 4, and the 4th series checklist.   I have since removed the '62 Topps want list from my pages, as I don't believe I'm going to chase after this for a good long time.   Having it on there was just distracting me from the other sets that I'm more interested in putting together right now.


Back in the late 90's I started putting together the 83-84 OPC hockey set.  After a while I got interested in other pursuits, and moved most of these out of my collection.   I kind of regret that now that I'm pursuing it again.  I knocked a couple more of the Oilers off the want list; I believe that I have 3 or 4 Gretzky cards that I still need to pick up, and overall I have 113 cards to go.  This is another set I can't wait to show off when completed.


The final two cards are from the oldest hockey and baseball sets that I'm currently working on.  The 71-72 OPC hockey set still has a long way to go (it's not even 1/4 complete yet), but I love every card that I pick up from that set, and my appreciation for it keeps growing.  1959 Topps is down to 109 cards to go now, and I picked up a few more commons from a seller on COMC that had a 60% off sale recently.  I'm hoping to be below 100 to go for that set soon.

Lots of PC stuff still to show off from this order, I'll save that for another post.

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 71-72 OPC is a great looking design. Best of luck with all of these sets.

    ReplyDelete