Saturday, June 2, 2018

One pile off the desk

It's been a very long time since I updated my "Just the Hits--Blue Jays" page.  Since last August to be exact.   It's not that I've been remiss in doing it, I just haven't received/bought a whole lot of Blue Jays jersey/auto cards since last summer.

I did have 5 of them on the desk to be added/put away, so I did a few scans and decided to make a quick post out of them.




Each of these three cards I've shown on the blog before; the Delgado bat and Accardo autograph cards are actually the 2nd of each that I now own.  I received the Pat Borders jersey card a few months back and showed it off then.  Pat's jersey card became the first hit from the 2000 year that I have in my Jays collection.

Sean Nolin only lasted a couple of seasons on the Jays roster; after appearing in just a couple of games for the Jays, he became a part of the package that the Jays sent to Oakland for Josh Donaldson.  He's now a part of the Rockies organization and pitching in the Eastern League for the Hartford Yard Goats.   Yea, I love the Yard Goats name as well.


I never realized that this Sean Reid-Foley card was a refractor until I scanned it.  Not a bad autograph, I've seen many worse than this (haven't we all?).

Reid-Foley was a 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft for the Jays, and he's in AAA right now with the Buffalo Bisons.  He's struggled so far there with an ERA nearing 12, but he's only 22 and there's still time for him to develop into a starter for the Jays down the road.

Time to put these away and move on to the next pile on the desk.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. That Delgado is cool! Did they cut and engrave the bat piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks as if they did, I couldn't say for sure. It is one of my favorite Blue Jay hits so far...

      Delete