Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Signature and the Shaker

Looking back to when I first started blogging, I really had no idea what I was doing. I'm sure that there a few people out there that would argue the same thing a year and a half later.   The posts were horrible and short (now they're horrible and long winded....lol), and for the first three weeks, the post just kind of ended.  Reading those posts over again made me remember my thought process at that time.  I needed something to write something that made me feel that the post was done.

Fast forward about 15 months, and twice within a 2 week period, 2 of my favorite trading partners just happen to mention my signature on their blogs.  First, Dennis over at Too Many Manninghams used the signature at the end of the trade post for the Turco relic I sent him.  Next, Charlie over at the Lifetime Topps Project mentioned the signature yesterday as well.  (BTW Charlie, congrats on hitting the 100K hits total for your blog)

To be honest, when I started using the signature line at the beginning of week 4, I did it solely to give closure to the blog post.  It always felt odd when I finished a post and there was nothing there to make it feel like the post was done.  After a little bit of thought, I came up with the "thanks for reading, Robert" signature to not only close the post, but to thank anyone and everyone who did stop by to read what I had written.

Politeness never hurts, right?

To be honest, I had never really thought much of the signature until both Dennis and Charlie had mentioned it on their blogs the past couple of weeks.  I will say this, it really made me feel good that the guys mentioned the signature.

Gentlemen, thank you!

OK then, onwards...

I received in the mail the other day a card unlike any other that I have received over my blog's existence.  It was of one of my favorite Jays from the 80's, Lloyd "Shaker" Moseby.

Guys, this thing is damn big...just for comparison's sake, an 82 Jerry Garvin is scanned next to it.


This oversized thing of beauty came to me courtesy of Pat at the newer Hot Corner Cards blog.   I will say this, Pat has definitely been paying attention to my blog, because he's hit me for a couple of trades already, both of which have hit my insanity, Sakic, and Blue Jay lists very well.  Pat is a devoted Tiger fan, so if you've got any extra Tigers on your hands, check him out..  Pat, thank you for the cards in each of our trades as well!

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment