Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My top 25 sets: Epilogue

I will say this.  Over the past few weeks, I've enjoyed writing, as well as reliving, some of the sets that I have built, or am building currently.  I've learned a lot over the past few weeks as well.

1.  There are a lot of sets out there.  I realized that while writing a bunch of posts one day.  Not only have I barely scratched the surface on a few 60's & 70's baseball sets, there are a lot of hockey sets that I would like to try and complete from that era as well.  Am I becoming a vintage freak...well

2.  No, not entirely, because there are a lot of modern sets that I would like to chase after as well.  A decade of just dabbling in hockey sets has left me wanting, especially for a lot of great Upper Deck hockey sets that were released over the past 10+ years.  I'm sure that there are some baseball sets from the late 90's through to the mid 2000's that would be worth chasing after as well.

3.  I like doing countdowns.  I would say that this has been the easiest month I've had out of the 17 so far for generating posts, largely because of the countdown.  Because of this, I'm going to have my first 40+ post month since the beginning of 2012.  With 2 sports that I enjoy so much, there should be no reason for me to be less than a post a day on average.  I'm hoping that countdowns don't become my crutch when I'm out of ideas.

I do also have to sit down and get some thoughts together for 2013, I'm sure that I will not be the only person in the blogosphere to have some goals set out for themselves.  Cleaning up the catastrophe that I call a desk should be one of those goals...it's kind of tough though when you have so many cards, and yet so little time on your hands. 


One thing that I'm also pretty sure about, and it's that there's probably a few of you out there who thought that some of the sets in my countdown, well let's just say I was daft for putting them in there.  Well, to be honest, I just may be.  But to be fair, each of the posts were titled "my top 25 sets", not "the top 25 sets".

I do not, nor will I ever, claim to be the be all and end all when it comes to cards.  If you ever see that on this blog, you will know that the Mayans have won.

As I progress into 2013, and start to move towards putting some older sets together, such as the 80's O-Pee-Chee hockey, the late 60's and early 70's baseball, and maybe something from the early 2000's as well, there will be more sets for me to reflect on, and thus the countdown should be more "enhanced" from a quality standpoint next December.

As to why I never thought of making it a top 30 (to coincide with the blog title...), I'll never know. 

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, I know that I did.

thanks for reading. Robert

P.S.   One card rule still applies


Got Em Spiegel...thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment