Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My top 25 sets #22: 2011 Topps Chrome



Set: 2011 Topps Chrome
Number of cards in set:  220
Affordability:  9
Key RCs:  Eric Hosmer, Freddie Freeman, Brandon Belt, Jeremy Hellickson
Is the set built?:    100% complete

What I like about this set:  At 220 cards, the set is not difficult to complete, but is a bit more costly if you try to complete it quickly.  The '11 Chrome set was a vast improvement over its 2010 counterpart which encountered serious warping issues. 

What I don't like about this set:  Chrome is always over hyped when first released, making singles pricy.  The Hosmer RC took awhile before it came "back to earth". 

This may hang on to the countdown in 2013.  It's a set that I enjoyed working on, and I only wish that I had concentrated on completing it more quickly.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Chrome releases: way too expensive initially. I ignore most of their releases until the next season.

    ReplyDelete