Monday, June 26, 2023

TCDB trade #622, 2 of this, 2 of that, and a guy formerly known as Mike

Man that was easy.  Trade offered by Chris (CH34) on the Wednesday, I replied the same day and within 8 days we both had our new cards in hand.  Some Heritage went Chris' way, and I received 5 cards that helped with some collections.

The Jim Thome collection is now up to 669 cards:


I've been getting a lot of his cards lately in trades; I remember not long ago my Thome collection just passed 600 cards.  Now I'm hoping to hit the 700 card mark later this year.  I've been getting them 2 and 3 at a time in trades, so I think 700 is very possible.

The Ichiro Suzuki collection is now up to a nice 333 card total:


No goals are in place for Ichiro, but I'm enjoying the growth of his collection over time.  I'll never go after his big ticket items, the base cards along with the cheaper parallels and inserts are good enough for me.  

My 2013 Allen & Ginter set build increased by one in this trade also:


Stanton is #303 out of the 350 card set that I have in hand.  47 to go, almost half of them are the Short Prints.  All but one of them are baseball players, the soccer legend Pele is the only one that stands out from the others.  Interesting the two versions of the Pele card, one has no description at all on the back, The prices I've found for them on eBay are around the $15 mark, not bad.  

Thank you for the trade Chris, the cards are appreciated!!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. I just traded with CH34 too. Seems like a vast population on the database, but it's a smaller world when you get down to it...Lots of repeat customers, though I wish some would wait until we have a decent envelope full ~ I've been burning through stamps like crazy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being perhaps the greatest athlete of the 20th century and a legend of the world's most popular sport... Pele has very few major trading cards. Good luck tracking it down, and all the other A&G SPs.

    ReplyDelete