Sunday, June 11, 2023

Back in black

Been taking a few days off here and there between blog posts.  There's no doubt thought that blogging is still in the front of my mind even when I go a few days away from the keyboard.

Trades are coming in at a nice clip (I just accepted one this morning) and it's always great to move some cards on to a person that's looking for them for their collection.  


While the 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes set isn't at the top of anyone's discussion list at the moment (I doubt it's in the top 50), I received a couple of trades recently that involved a few of the black parallels.  While it's not a critical part of my collection, it does keep the modern card portion of the trade list going (I have 3 other parallels from this set on my TCDB lists) and helps to keep the trade lines moving.


I really do want to put together this set; it's an easy build at 200 cards.  While the big story line on the blog lately has been the pursuit of a couple of vintage sets, over the years I've managed to put together two parallel sets for my collection.  I guess you could say that the parallel universe is another part of my collection that intrigues me, and I do hope one day to be able to show off a complete set of this black parallel.

I've only got 57 out of the 200 so far, so if you have any laying around that you're looking to move, hit me up on TCDB for a trade.   It would be appreciated.

Robert

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered up a few Dodgers parallels from this set yesterday. I only have interest in the Dodgers from this set. I might have a black parallel left over from that team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the completion quest!

    ReplyDelete