Thursday, June 15, 2023

Bookkeeping errors. Again

First off, just want to congratulate the Night Owl on 5300 posts.  Incredible number!  I'm on #2144 here, just a little bit behind.

So last night, instead of writing, I took to putting away the recently acquired '59 Topps cards that I've blogged about.  While doing that, I did something that was long overdue.  I checked the binder and compared it against my current want list.

Wouldn't you know it, another bookkeeping mistake.  Turns out I was missing two common cards, 324 & 325.  How I missed those 2 I will never know.  But they are on the want list now and after today's post I'll need just 38 cards to finish up the set.  

So, while searching for the latest '59 card to bring the set closer to completion, I had to find a couple of other cards from the same seller (as always) to try and help some other sets along.

A '71 Fergie Jenkins was a good start.  Just under $5, typical well loved '71 card, but I figured why not as it was the 3rd of 3 cards to go in the cart.


Also picked up the '69 All Star card of Carl Yastrzemski for $9.  I've been trying here and there to knock off the All Star cards from the '69 set, so this was a nice find.   One hundred and fifty four more to go to finish up '69.  Maybe next year...


Now we get to the '59 I acquired, Gil Hodges of the Dodgers.  $18 it cost me, not bad.  This would have got me down to 36 cards for the set if I had learned to count properly.

I searched last night for a few other cards I need, and found them more reasonable than I thought.  I have a feeling that I should be able to get to around 10 cards to go before I really start feeling the pain.  

That's what I signed up for years ago.   

Robert


8 comments:

  1. Thank you. Your post total is nothing to shrug off.

    I know all about set bookkeeping errors. The worst pop up once you think you've completed the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had that mistake once before after declaring a set complete. Kind of embarrassing if I recall

      Delete
  2. What you call a bookkeeping error, I call a 'gremlin'. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put the "Gremlin" away for future errors. Thanks Mark :)

      Delete
  3. 2,144 posts is a crazy amount too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... the dreaded bookkeeping error. Been there. Done that. Discovering you need more cards than originally thought is a total bummer... especially when you obtain the final cards and realize you aren't finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's still a lot of posts though, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete