Monday, June 12, 2023

Small, but effective

Not writing a lot on the blog has kept people in the dark.  Not on purpose, just how it has been with life being busy over the last few months.  But I'm writing again, and in case you're not aware, I started a Vladimir Guerrero Jr. collection.   I've always enjoyed watching Vladdy play, the excitement you see when a big hit is made or a crucial play is executed with him on the end of it at first base is always evident.


 

So while this collection never will be large, if an opportunity comes up here and there to pick up a reasonably priced card, I'll take advantage.  The only want list I have on TCDB for VGJ is the 30 card player highlights insert set from 2020 Topps, 2 of them visible above from a recently completed trade on the site.  These 2 bring my total to 8 out of the 30 cards, and the other 22 are the only want list I have for him.  



I bought a Series 1 blaster of 2023 Topps a couple months ago, and I was lucky enough to nab these 2 cards from the box.  Young Vlad got card #300 in the set, the old hero number from days gone by.  Interesting on the back of the Stars of MLB insert card is a discussion of exit velocities that Vlad has performed in his first 4 season.  You won't see anything like that on vintage cards.  

This collection is nothing like the long time stars I have like Sakic, Thome, or Fitzgerald.  But a card here or there of the young Jays 1st baseman certainly won't be turned down.  

Robert

6 comments:

  1. I’m sure it’ll grow quickly. His base cards seems to find me in packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also passively collecting that 30 card set. I'll see if I have any dupes (I don't think that I do)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow missed seeing that 2020 insert set. They look like old Starting Lineup cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vlad would be a fun player to collect since he has a lot of cards out there. And he's gonna be one of those Top 25 players for years to come... which means there will be plenty more cards for you to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad player to collect at all. You should go one for one with his dad

    ReplyDelete