Thursday, February 2, 2023

Clean up your mess and you can go fishing

On the weekend I had some time on my hands.  I decided to do something I haven't done in several months, update the want lists on the blog.  They certainly needed the work.  One of the pages that I noticed needing the most work was the Allen & Ginter page.

I'd pulled in a lot of cards from trades over the past few months, and I noticed that there was a couple of sets that were getting pretty low.  One in particular was the 2012 set, which I realized had only one card on it.  For a long time, I was being cheap about spending the money for it, and I decided it was time to go fishing for some Trout.


I thought $14 was a reasonable price for Mike Trout's first A&G card, so I grabbed it.  I immediately updated the want list to show that it was done, even though the card wasn't in hand.  It showed up today and I'm very happy to take another box off the bookshelf and add it to the stack of other completed sets on the A&G run.

I searched the same seller to see if he had any other cards worth purchasing and I only found 1.


Already had the matching base card for '21 Heritage, so the In Action card becomes the 29th VGJ card in the mini collection.  Not bad for just over a buck.  If you have any base cards of his that you're looking to trade, let me know.  I'm sure that I need a little over 9,000 of them.

Robert

4 comments:

  1. My dad used to tell me to clean up my mess and then I could go fishing when I was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me I've got to update the wantlist on my blog. Not that anyone reads it. If I want set fillers I've got to hit up TCDB or Sportlots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on complete the 2012 A&G set. I feel like at one point collectors were spending ridiculous money on that Trout.

    ReplyDelete