Wednesday, February 15, 2023

That's 200

Everyone likes when they hit a collecting milestone (at least I think they do).  A certain number of posts or a blog anniversary or even something as simple as reaching a certain number of cards towards a set.  Doesn't hurt when it's a vintage set that everyone loves seeing on the blogosphere.  

On the weekend I received a couple of eBay purchases, one of them bringing the total cards in my 71-72 OPC hockey build to an even 200!  


For a couple of years I've been picking away at the set, a couple of cards here, a few cards there.  I know that this set will be the marathon of marathons since there are a trio of rookie cards that are going to break the bank.  I've readied myself to get special permission to buy those cards.


But for now, 5 cards that fit into the weekly budget will do just fine, even if George Gardner in the center of a trio of Canucks has a nicely dinged corner, but that's OK for this collector because my main goal for this set is no paper loss on the backs.  I've seen many cards over time from this set that were previously taped into binders or onto other cardboard posters, only to be removed and have paper from the back torn away.  Which is such a shame because the backs of these cards are wonderful.  

200 out of 264 cards in the binder.  A few more commons and minor stars to grab then it's off to get a lot of big names. 

Ouch

Robert

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting this set milestone! I've been getting into 1970s hockey sets lately and your blog posts may have seeped into my subconscious lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got a lot of 60's-70's hockey/baseball/football coming your way over the next few posts. Might be a bit of overload for you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old logos, bubble letters, and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 200! Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete