Monday, December 16, 2019

Who needs TMZ when you have TMV?

I was at the top of the list!  Dennis from the Too Many Verlanders blog had sent a tweet out saying that he was sending cards to fellow bloggers for Christmas, and good old @30aweekhabit was the first he mentioned (gotta be worth something, right?).  Very, very cool for me to get some cards from a long time friend on the blogs.

It's even better when they hit a bunch of the Player/Team collections.


I've stuck with just a pair of wide receivers for my football collections.  I've always been partial to WRs, as I played the position in high school and I know what taking some shots on deep routes feels like (oh to be able to run like I did in high school again....).  My favorite card on this page?  The blue 2008 Topps Chrome of Fitz sporting his Pro Bowl uniform.  If I was smarter, I would have added the die-cut Bowman in the lower left corner to the next scan...


Which features a trio of die-cut cards, including the Jim Thome Power Brokers card in the upper left which I can honestly say I've never seen before. 

I'm sure that there aren't many Leaf fans out there, but wouldn't it be good to have James Reimer back in a Leaf uniform as a backup?  I loved the way he battled in the net as a Leaf, and I'm sure that the guys would play with a bit more confidence with him on the ice than their current backup. 

Dennis, thank you very much for the great PWE, it is appreciated.  I am long overdue to send some cards your way....looooonnnnngggg over due.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. That Fitz Intros is awesome! Thanks for sharing, I may have to grab one of these cards for myself. They're sharp!

    ReplyDelete