Thursday, December 5, 2019

One almost done and one almost half done

So I decided to grab a couple of cards on ebay from the Battersbox, and for some reason I only bought one card from 2 different sets.   Don't really know what my thought process was that day, but I added a HOF hitter from the '76 Topps baseball set and a HOF defenseman from the '71-72 OPC hockey set.


For just over $3, this Mike Schmidt card found its way here.  After my COMC order arrives, my want list for the '76 Topps set is down to just 20 cards.  That along with the 79T and 82T sets will likely be finished early in the new year (hopefully).  I'm quite excited about this, because I've kind of overwhelmed myself with catching up on all these older sets, and knocking a few of them off my want list will probably let me breathe just a bit.


For a little over $5, I grabbed this Serge Savard card, which is in great shape.  I'm starting to run low on commons that I need for the '71-72 OPC set, so I've resigned myself to grabbing star and semi-star cards when I can find them at a decent price.  My biggest concern about this set is condition, especially paper loss on the back and creasing on the front, and this card has no problems at all which means that I'm quite happy!  The 71-72 OPC set is just 9 cards short of the halfway point, and while I don't expect it to be finished anytime soon, I'm pleased with how I've progressed so far.

I may just hit ebay really quick this evening and see if I can take advantage of the 8% bucks available and find a couple of more cards for these sets...

Thanks for reading!

Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment