Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Bits and pieces in chronological order

This latest COMC order showed me that I've got a lot of sets that I'm working on.  Maybe too many.  I think once I start seeing a little more clearly in 20/20 that I'll concentrate on one at a time and get them finished and off the books. 

Here's anywhere from 1 to 16 cards from eight different sets for your viewing pleasure.  Nothing amazing, just numbers off a want list....


Joe Jay brings the '59 Topps want list down to 96 cards.  I have vowed that every COMC purchase going forward will contain at least one card from this set.


1968 Topps is slowly approaching the 50 % mark.  It is already bindered, which at this point is probably the earliest into any set build that I've decided to put cards into a binder.  I usually wait until I'm well over 50%.


I always say to myself "I love '69 Topps, it's time to get serious about putting it together", and then it lags behind every other set I've got working.  Even '71 and '72 have blown past this set in terms of how many cards I have.  This will probably end up being the last set I put together from the '68 to '86 run.


A RC, a rookie cup, and the World Champions card #1.  A good trio.


I must have found this cheap, because that would explain why I only grabbed this sole '74 Topps card.



Yes, I started getting serious about finishing the '76 Topps set on this order.  16 cards down, just 20 to go.  I think this is going to be next.  Anyone got a spare Nolan Ryan from this set?


Down to 24 left for the '79 set.  This will be done very soon as well.  Lefty is a common card I've needed/bought recently as I'm whittling away at a lot of sets.


Looking for #358, Mark Wagner to finish up 1981 Topps.  That's it...

Looking forward to the new year as I really start to knock out a lot of sets.  Being focused will be a theme in 20/20.

For as long as I'm able to stick with it.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm gonna have to head to COMC for a copy of that Rogers Hornsby, because somehow I don't already have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou Brock. Orioles World Champions. 76T Sporting News All-Stars. Lots of quality cardboard here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird how Topps insisted on referring to Joey Jay as "Joe Jay". He even signed his own name as "Joey".

    In 1960, Pete Cimino scored 114 points in a high school basketball game. It's still the Pennsylvania state record to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also funny to see Jay (a pitcher) swinging a bat on his card!

      Delete