Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Now that it's finally here...

It appears that I wasn't alone in waiting (im)patiently for a COMC order to arrive.  After 5 days in purgatory, my order popped up at my post office today, and wound up in my mailbox late this afternoon. 

This was my biggest COMC order to date, 125 cards in total.  I'll show off just 9 of them today, for a good reason.  These 9 finished off two sets.


1976-77 O-Pee-Chee hockey is now complete with these 4 cards in hand.  I knew that the checklist card in the upper right hand corner had some centering issues, but it almost looks like it missed the cutter altogether.  The back is centered about the same.  No matter, it's unmarked, and it's in hand.


1989 Upper Deck is also done now that these 4 are in hand.  Vizquel RC, Ryan throwing the football, Finley RC, and the correct version of the Gallego card were 4 of the 5 that I needed, with the 5th being...


Number one.  Never had I owned this card until now.  It's not perfect, there's a minor ding on one of the corners on the back, but if memory serves me I only paid $15 for this, so I'm a happy camper and can cross another set off of the multitude that I have in progress. 

Still quite a few cards to go through in this monster package including Prizms, vintage baseball, 1 card for last year's Prestige football set, all kinds of cheap OPC hockey SPs, and some player collection adds.

I'll try and figure it out and get some posts done.

One teaser, the 125 COMC card box wasn't the largest package I received this week.  More on that in a few days as well.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are really nice sets to complete, congrats! Doesn't get much more iconic in terms of modern cards than Griffey's UD RC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really like the 1976-77 design, probably because the back is all green. The only OPC examples I have are the castoffs (duplicates, I'd assume) that you sent me back in the spring, but I'm building up a pretty decent collection of the Topps cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work finishing both of those sets! The '89 Upper Deck set is pretty iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Congratulations on completing both of these sets.

    ReplyDelete