Monday, July 29, 2019

Living in the c i T.Y.

I've been wanting to write this post for a while, but for some reason have put it off.  Now that I'm headed up to New York state for a much needed vacation, I decided to put this in as a auto post while I'm away.

I've done quite well with my Larry Fitzgerald collection (over 300 cards now!), and I wanted another football player to round out my player collections. 

I figured 10 guys to collect was a good stopping point....

I've always admired wide receivers as well, the speed, the ability to take a hit in mid air, the pass catching skills of a lot of these guys is really fun to watch.   One such player that I really enjoy is my height; that would be T.Y. Hilton of the Indianapolis Colts.


I really don't have much for him so far, just 18 cards in the collection, but I've noticed right away that similar to Larry Fitzgerald, I am able to get parallels for Hilton on the cheap.


Everything I have so far for T.Y. I've bought off of COMC, no trades so far off of my small want list I have posted on the TCDB site.   Maybe while I'm on vacation I'll expand that list to hopefully generate some more trades.


The one aspect of football collecting that I notice is that there is no shortage of parallels.  I already have a black, orange, red and green parallel of T.Y. in the first group of cards I've acquired. 

I also have wanted to collect someone born and raised in south Florida, and T.Y. fits that bill as well, as he's from Miami Springs, and attended college at Florida International. 

Now I have even more cards I can pull in from trades on TCDB, there's less and less room now for someone to say "I don't have anything that you need".

With 10 players on my collecting want list, there's no shortage of cards to find...

Thanks for reading!!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Where in NY are you going? If you are coming to the Hudson Valley, I can point you to some cool stuff. I recommend Lake George, my favorite place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similarly, if you'll be in Manhattan I can try to make some recommendations. New Yorkers unite!

    ReplyDelete