Thursday, July 4, 2019

Attack mode

Happy 4th of July to everyone!  Whatever you do today, have lots of fun but please do it safely.

Still picking apart the latest COMC order (it came in over 2 weeks ago) and decided  to show cards on America's birthday from the '76 Topps set.


I decided on my last order to go into attack mode on the '76 set, and picked up 21 cards, including some stars such as Tiant, Garvey, Seaver and Hank Aaron. 


Yaz, Yount and Palmer are all here as well, along with a couple of checklists.  It is a bit depressing that these 2 checklists cost me under a buck apiece, while my '73 set sits unfinished as I can't find a high number checklist card in decent condition that costs less than my monthly cell phone bill. 


A trio of horizontal cards finishes off the 21 cards, including a great looking Astros team checklist with the old rainbow uniforms.  I know that there's a lot of people that wouldn't be too upset to see Houston go back to those unis full time.

This set is definitely on the radar to finish this year, as I have just 47 cards to go, and I'm pretty sure that there aren't any major purchases left.  However, most of the remaining cards are either stars, all time greats (Williams, Hornsby and Traynor) or league leader cards.   As I pick these up through out the rest of 2019 it'll be like showing off a who's who of mid 70's baseball.

I already can't wait...

Thanks for reading, and have a great holiday!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Nice group of ‘76 cards. I love the Yaz and the 2nd year Yount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 1976 Topps set. I think it gets overshadowed by the 1972 and 1975 Topps sets and rightfully so... since both of them are classics. But right behind those two sits the 1976 set as my 3rd favorite Topps set from the 70's. I love the bright colors and there are a handful of outstanding action shots in this set.

    ReplyDelete