Thursday, July 25, 2019

Dos Equis y Tres Ichiros

Showing off a little bit of what I've learned in Spanish so far.   Dos Equis was actually easy, as I'm not unlike any other sports enthusiast, you see enough beer commercials featuring the world's most interesting man you know the 2 X's...


My latest trade with Jimmy (TCDB ID: torcato) brought 5 cards from the west coast to the east coast, including these 2 2008 Upper Deck X die cuts.  Still need 48 out of the 100 cards to complete this set, but it has been nice to see some movement since I added this to my want list a couple of months ago.


The 3 Ichiro's you see here are from the 2016 Topps Update Chasing 3000 insert.  I knew about the 30 that were in the base set, and snapped those up pretty quickly.  Had no idea until recently that there were 30 more in the update set.  When I did find out, I added them to the want list, and will look to get the remainder of these sometime down the road.  I'm closing in on the 200 card mark for my Ichiro collection as I've been lucky to find a lot of base cards in quarter boxes at card shows over the past few months.

Jimmy's trade will already be #77 that I've completed on the TCDB site this year.  100 is well within reach, as I have 3 others already en route to the swamp.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. There are only 60 different Chasing 3000 Ichiro inserts? That makes me wanna check how many I've accumulated and possibly go after the ones I need too.

    ReplyDelete