Sunday, March 31, 2019

What would a COMC purchase be without some PC help?

Probably 1/2 of what it normally is.  

I bought 20 cards to add to various player collections from this order, and there's something for 5 different players in this post.


Still haven't ventured into the higher priced parallels for either Felix Potvin or Mats Sundin yet, so these cards are still in the 50 cent to $1 range.  It'll probably be a long time before I start to chase the higher dollar cards for these guys, so adding cards here and there will still be very inexpensive.

My favorite of the bunch is the red bordered Beehive card in the top right.  I never did collect Beehive when it came out in the mid 2000's, but each card that I've seen so far has looked really good and makes me wonder if chasing the set down someday might be worth it.


Much like the Topps Chrome cards from 2010, the Keith Tkachuk platinum players club card from 95-96 Collectors Choice has succumbed to warping.  Not quite as bad as some other cards I've seen, but it's very noticeable.   The Joe Sakic in the upper right I accidentally bought twice, so I'll probably use the extra one as trade bait on TCDB. 


The Larry Fitzgerald collection is still growing rapidly, and picking up serial numbered cards featuring him is still very inexpensive.  My favorite card of this scan is the Donruss card in the lower left, love the concentration in his eyes as he's watching the ball into his hands. 

I was also curious about the Leaf Certified card in the middle of the scan, as it shows James Harrison of the Steelers trying to tackle him, and wondered if the photo was from their meeting in Super Bowl XLIII, but that was 7 years before the card was released so I figured there was at least one meeting between the teams after the Super Bowl.  I checked out Football Reference.com and sure enough the Steelers hosted the Cardinals in the 2015 season, with the Steelers winning the game 25-13.


COMC put a nice touch on my order, sending the Panini Black card in a top loader.  I never request them in any of my orders, but COMC went the extra mile and kept it well protected.   The Black card looks great, if I were to change one thing though, I would have made the Cardinal logo in the top right corner red.   That would have really popped and made the card that much better (for me anyhow).   7 of the 11 cards of Fitzgerald that I showed here are serial #'d. 

Now that I've shown off the majority of the COMC order, it'll be back to the trade front as I've received a few trades in the mail since I started posting these in the past week. 

Thanks for reading!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Oh man... that 1997-98 Pacific Ice Blue parallel of Sundin is AWESOME! Those parallels were super tough to pull and were very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Platinum Players-Club parallels, they sure don't scan very well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Potvin stuff! That Stonewalled set looks great. Kind of reminds me of the old Score Stoppers set from the mid 90's with the brick wall design.

    ReplyDelete