Monday, March 18, 2019

Cricuts and crickets

OK, yes, it's been 10 days since I've posted on the blog.   To be honest, I've had not much to say lately that's been worth writing.   Kind of like hearing crickets...

To be honest, I've been putting off this post for some unknown reason for over a week.  To tell the whole story though, I need to go back to Christmas.

My wife, who supports my hobby madness fabulously, is very creative and crafty.  On her Christmas list this year was gift cards to Jo-Ann Fabrics so she could save up for a machine that is called a Cricut (pronounced cricket).  It helps print all kinds of different stuff, very creatively I might add (which you're going to see very soon).

Well, when I found out what it could do, and that the price was reasonable, I went ahead and bought her the machine so she didn't have to wait.

A couple of weeks ago I decided that I was tired of trying to figure out which binder was which on my shelves.  My writing was so small on the cards inside the plastic sleeve(and messy) that I always strained my eyes to see. So, I asked her to update my binder spines using her Cricut.



 Oh my, I can see them now!! 


As you can see I have various colored binders, so she was able to adapt the color of the material to contrast with the binder color.   I have a couple of 1" binders as well (not shown here), but they also turned out great.  I can find things so much easier now.  For maybe $5 worth of materials, and a couple of hours of time, my binders look super!

What's great is if I ever decide to change what's inside the binder, the letters will peel off with no damage to the binder, and I know this because we made a mistake which needed to be fixed.

Now all I have to do is finish some of these sets to show off what's in the binders....

Thanks for reading!!

Robert

15 comments:

  1. Those look nice, and easy to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have GOT to get binder shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened to see a demo of the Cricut machine at the model show I was at this weekend. Good stuff. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! I not familiar with the Cricut machine but now it's something I will research. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is kind of like the collector's equivalent of buying your wife a new cordless drill :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great! Nice that you can share aspects of the hobby like that, and show off her good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. These look fantastic! I wonder if I can somehow justify purchasing one of these machines for my classroom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Binder photos always look great. I am in the process of putting all my sets in binders and converting my closet to shelves to hold the binders.

    No more sitting in bland white boxes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic idea! i have a cricut in my own freakin house and never thought to do that! It's a hand-me-down of sorts from a friend who bought a newer model. Looks like I need to learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete