Saturday, March 2, 2019

I really Doug this PWE

A few days ago a PWE with no return address showed up in my mailbox.   I wasn't expecting anything at all from north of the border, but when I saw the postmarked city, I knew that this envelope was going to be great.

Doug from Sportscards from the Dollar Store sends me great stuff every once in a while, and this envelope was no exception.


All but one of the cards in the envelope featured Maple Leafs from various years and sets.  Love the top row, all Artifacts from this year, which is good because this is the first year in a long time that I hadn't bought any Artifacts blasters or packs.  Middle row features a pair of Glenn Anderson cards from his brief tenure as a Leaf, and a 09-10 OPC short print featuring Doug Gilmour.  Need it!
Bottom row features a couple from this year's UD series 1, neither of which I own, and a high number 09-10 OPC rookie of Viktor Stalberg.  I knew that Stalberg had bounced around the NHL the past few years, but I had no idea where he is now.   Stalberg is in the KHL with Avangard Omsk, teammates with a player he was traded for by the Leafs, Kris Versteeg.


More OPC goodness from the 09-10 set up top; 4 out of the 5 I needed for the set build (Jason Blake goes into the Leaf portion of the pile).  I don't recall if I have any of the Maple Leafs Centennial cards, but I'd seen them on blogs and on Twitter and really liked the look of them.  Now I have Bill Berg and Freddie Modin from that set.   I believe I already have Mitch Marner's card from this year's OPC, so he'll go into the Leaf pile.   Mikhail Grabovsky is a retro from the 09-10 OPC set as well.  Retro's are something I'll never turn down....


Two cards that I could never find down here in S. Florida finish off the post.  The William Nylander card is from the 17-18 Upper Deck MJ Holdings set (video on You Tube here), while the Joe Sakic card was part of the 2015 National Hockey Card Day in Canada.   Both of them are great additions to my collection. 

Thank you as always Doug, the cards are really appreciated (especially those that I'd never see here)!

Thanks for reading!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment