Sunday, June 9, 2013

Only the good die young

This post isn't about cards today.  If that upsets you, please move on.

I can't sleep.  Sunday, June 9th, 2013 hasn't been a good day for me.

A very good friend of mine passed away today.  My buddy was only 50 years old.

As of now, I haven't shed a tear, screamed out loud or punched anything in anger.  Likely meaning his passing hasn't set in yet.  I'm sure that when I'm carrying his coffin, it will hit home.

Yes, the man was ill.   Diabetes, kidney disease, the man had physical ailments.   Still, 50 is way too young.  My wife and I were at his 50th birthday party two months ago.

Even though he was sick, Don always thought of me when he would come to visit.  "Can I stop at the border and get you anything?", he would ask me.  Don always asked about my family. 

It's going to be a tough week for me, so if you don't see a whole lot of posts (or any for that matter), I'm sure you'll understand why.

The one card rule still applies, I did happen to find a jersey card of an NHL player with the same last name (even if the pronunciation is different)...

Weeber, Weber, tomato tomahto.
We always kidded him about the pronunciation of his last name....


Here's a little music from my favorite band for you my friend...




Donald Weber, I'm going to miss you buddy.   See you on the other side.....

Thanks for reading, Robert

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, prayers out to you and Don's families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear. Please take the time to mourn and remember your great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tough losing a friend. Take care Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss buddy. May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read this. Yes, take the time to mourn. Lost my best friend 20 years ago. His 45th would have been tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences. I recently had a friend drop dead at 39 so I know what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete