Tuesday, January 15, 2013

21 is done

2012 is done, finally.   The Update set has been completed, my 21st completed set.  The final two cards arrived yesterday in the last of 4 Sportlots envelopes to hit my mailbox. 

What I didn't realize is that the final two cards were players who wear the black and orange...

The enemy, according to the Owl

It's a relief to get that set out of the way, and move on to focusing on the older sets that I'm working on.  I still haven't changed my mind about 2013 releases, the plan is still to chase Heritage only. 

Let's see how well I stick to that plan.  I've weakened in the past, but so far in the new year my resolve to complete the boat load of sets that I have partially completed over the years has been strong. 

On a side note, I have 9 unused Golden Giveaway code cards from this year...they expire on February 1st.  Anybody still entering codes?  If you need them, let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the set, Robert! 21 sets that you've completed? Awesome. Have you posted anywhere what they are? I'd like to have a look.

    I posted on my blog I just completed the 1977 Topps and it feels great. There are only a few cards that are in the EX-EX+ range that I'll eventually replace, but the important cards are all NM-MNT+.

    I'm working on a few 2011 and 2012 sets, trying to catch up to get current in prep for the 2013 releases I'm targeting, and then deciding upon 1972 or 1974. The verdict is out and wide open.

    Get me your address by email when you can. Your package is taped up and ready to go!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete