Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I learned something new today... Anathema (nothing really rhymes with this)

I'm sorry, but I couldn't come up with a more original title.  I'll be damned if any of you out there can come up with a unique way of putting the word "Anathema" in a title.  I actually had to look up the word, and was surprised at what I found. 

Anathema:

1. One that is cursed by ecclesiastical authority
2. Someone or something that is intensely disliked or loathed.

Well, I can't say for sure if Matt from the Card Anathema blog is cursed, but I'm pretty sure after the trade that we completed that I don't dislike or loathe him.  Matt hooked me up with some A&G off of my want list, plus a lot of shiny Blue Jays for my collection.


































Lots of chrome and finest in this lot, as well as a Vernon Wells Refractor, which I believe is the first refractor in my collection.  There was also quite a bit more of the mid 90's stuff that I still need quite a bit of.  A quick shout out to Matt to say thanks for the great trade, and check out his blog too, he's working on the '71 Topps set (Something I would love to try and put together someday), plus a couple of others that he's close to completing.  

Thanks for reading, Robert...

No comments:

Post a Comment