Sunday, September 18, 2011

The case of the mysterious disappearing want list...Chapter 2

Good Sunday afternoon to all, I hope that your weekend has been good so far.  The mailman decided to tease me yesterday, he was a block and a half up the street, so before my wife and I went out we decided to wait for him.  Naturally I was waiting because I was expecting some padded envelopes...but was disappointed when he only brought one white envelope to me (useless junk mail, of course).  I figured that my items were going to arrive early next week, so we started to get ready, and as I was pulling out of the driveway, the mailman comes back and says "I forgot about these"..3 envelopes full of cards.  Nice!  Two of them I already discussed in yesterday's post (DFG and Community Gum), the third one was from Charlie over at the Lifetime Topps Project blog.  Leave it to a guy whose blog is all about his lifetime topps project to get me over the hump with another set...2011 Topps Series 1 is finally done!  2011 Topps Series 2 is down to only 7 cards....343,471,517,523,570,573,618,650 is all that is left.  


Charlie also hit me up with quite a few of the diamond parallel cards, 37 of them as a matter fact...which brings me up to 137 total (2 were dupes, but I'm sure I'll find a home for them with somebody), or almost 21% completion for the diamond set.  My scanner is currently on the fritz so unfortunately I am unable to show you any of the cards via scans...

 I bought myself a couple of rack packs of Lineage today...pulled a couple of inserts that are already in envelopes to send to some fellow bloggers.  One was a Cloth sticker of Tom Seaver; this card felt pretty funky, something I have never experienced before.  I'm sure that it is going to a good home.  The 2nd one was a 75 mini of Hank Aaron...I must say that I've had some good luck with the 75 minis, because I've also pulled a Stephen Strasburg and Andre Ethier from other rack packs as well.  Those three minis are going to a good home as well.

I have recently added the '11 Heritage set to both my want lists and trade lists...please check them out and if you feel we can make a trade, don't hesitate to contact me!

As always, thanks for reading...Robert

1 comment: