Friday, August 15, 2014

There's a chance

A good voter turnout this week!!  24 votes came in for this week's match, and by a solid 15-9 margin, the winner is...

1974 Topps!  '74 makes it to the semi-finals where it will meet last week's winner, '63 Topps.  There's only one match left in the quarter finals; starting tomorrow 1976 Topps will face 1967 Topps.  It's possible that the semi-finals could feature a set from the 70's facing a set from the 60's in each match.

On a side note, I wanted to thank Jim from Downingtown for his email on the side earlier this week.   Jim had asked me if the sets were going to be reseeded again after this round.   After I responded to him that the sets would advance in bracket style this round, I had to take another look at the initial post to make sure my response was correct (it sure wouldn't have been the first time that I've been wrong!!).

Jim, I found the first post, and amazingly my memory didn't fail me!  I did mention that reseeding would be done after the first round only.  I do appreciate you keeping me on my toes though.

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. The 74T set is like the 86T set... every year that passes, I like the set a little bit more. Great looking card.

    ReplyDelete