Sunday, August 31, 2014

By the page: Roy Halladay

2 Cy Young awards.  5 other appearances in the top 5 of Cy Young voting.  203 wins.  I would say probably the 2nd best pitcher in Blue Jays history, only behind Dave Stieb (IMO).

Playing during the late 90's through 2013 makes it easy for me to put together a couple of different pages for Roy Halladay. 

Top row:  The base

 

The Turkey Red in the middle is one of my favorite sets, so I wanted to have it in the first row.  Honor Roll doesn't have a whole lot of cards, so knowing that I would not be creating a page from that set made it an easy inclusion for a Halladay page. 

Middle row:  A&G


Probably will be the easiest row of cards I'll ever put together for a Jays page.   Fabulous.

Bottom row:  Inserts


I tried to get 3 cards that had similar pitching poses together.  I think these 3 cards are pretty close...


All in all, a pretty good player page featuring one of the best Blue Jay hurlers ever.  This is the 6th by the page post today, and these posts have pulled 157 cards out of the box so far. 

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment