Friday, August 1, 2014

A close battle

The commish gets his way!!   Just barely though.  Commishbob was kind enough to give this blogger a very nice push by declaring his wont for the '59 Topps set to go forward in the What's next? tournament. 

It didn't look good early, as the '65 set jumped out to a very quick 5-1 lead, but in the end, by the slimmest of margins....

1959 Topps advances by a 11-10 vote.  The #1 seed has fallen by the way side, and there may only be 1 or 2 sets that stand in the way of '59 advancing all the way through the tournament.

The match tomorrow puts two more great sets to the test, as 1960 will take on 1963.

Thanks for reading, and voting, Robert

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. I hope that the 1959 keeps up its streak in the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mark is right, but it'll be interesting. You can't count out the 1960 set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I voted for '59, I'm stunned that the '65 set didn't win, because for the past few years all I've been reading is that it's the best set ever made, so I assumed it would steam ahead to the finals.

    Congrats CommishBob!

    ReplyDelete