Friday, June 7, 2013

Ryan's pitch was a good one

It was nice to come home and see a manila envelope amongst the mail on my dining room table.  It had been a while since I'd seen one, and what was even better was that it was unexpected.   Ryan from the Ryan's Pitch blog was kind enough to send a surprise pack of cards my way.   I wondered if I would remember how to open a bubble mailer when I first saw it.   Thank goodness I was able to.


What was in the envelope you ask?  If you had to ask, you having been paying attention...

Blue Jays of course!!

How about some 2013 Gypsy Queen??




These are the first GQ cards to come in this year, I believe my choice not to purchase any is justified.  Don't get me wrong, the Blue Jays are very welcome here, but the look of Gypsy Queen just doesn't do it for me this year.

Ryan was able to knock off a couple of Jays from the 2013 Heritage want list.



I'm hoping that Buehrle can pickup the pace.  The last 12 years, his lowest win total was 10.  One other season was 12, every other year was 13 or higher.  Mark's going to have to get on a run to get back to those totals again.

I've got to check, but I think Ryan sent me an entire Blue Jay team set from this year's Bowman...no Cabrera, I was wrong.



He also sent a few parallels as well, including a gold Bautista, and my first Jays international parallel.


A great mix of old and new cards in the envelope, many thanks to Ryan, the cards were very much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment